IF YOU ARE INDOORS (Sheltering-in-Place)
- Close all doors and windows.
- Stay calm and assemble all people and pets at the agreed upon meeting place in your home. Avoid going to the basement in a chemical incident.
- Do not jump in your car and attempt to evacuate unless instructed to do so by the municipal authority! In the short term, staying indoors with the house closed up is the most effective action you can take.
- Turn your radio on to one of the llocal Sarnia-Lambton radio stations and monitor it. CHOK 1070 or The Fox 99.9 FM or K106 106.3 FM
- Set thermostats so air conditoners, furnaces and hot water heaters will not come on.
- Wet several towels and place them at the base of doors leading to the outside.
- Moisten more towels and use them over your nose and mouth to help filter some of the air you breathe.
- Close fireplace dampers.
- If your children are in school or daycoare, do not attempt to bring them home. School children and School officials should shelter-in-place unless told to do otherwise.
- Stay away from the emergency area. If you see or hear of a chemical accident avoid the area as you may hinder emergency rescue and recovery efforts at the same time putting yourself into harms way.
- Avoid calling 9-1-1 unless it is to report an emergency.
- To get information about the incident, tune to your local Sarnia-Lambton radio stations.